Monday, June 13, 2011

A Poem

I wrote this poem when I was a freshman in college:

Untitled

I am the night
Coming to get you
I am different
In my dress
Not one of you
Mature, decisive, truthful, serious
Pure
One who knows more than she lets on
You are so shallow, be serious
You can't
You spread like an epidemic
But I do too
They wonder
And I like it
You wish you could understand me
And my dress
I am unexplainable, unpredictable
More than you
Can anyone tell that I am different by my vague visual clues?
A necklace here
A dress there
I crave for someone to notice that there is something more to me than giggles and flirting
I keep hoping, waiting
But no one does
Some may think they do, but I know they really havenít a clue
I am losing, yet I feel stronger
My dress reminds me that nothing is real
Especially not the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?